UW researchers warn of increased risk of carbon monoxide poisoning during the winter
SPOKANE, Wash. — Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that comes from heat sources like engines, camp stoves, and generators.
Used inside a house, it can be deadly.
The University of Washington Medical School has a warning you should know about, especially in the middle of winter.
The risk of carbon monoxide poisoning heightens when using a backup source to heat your home.
That said, researchers want you to be on the lookout for severe headaches, dizziness, nausea and fatigue.
If you or a family you know is having problems with heat, you can call 211 anytime for help. That’s a free community service number that helps with utilities and more.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.