2 adults, cats safely escape Spokane Valley house fire
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. — Two adults and their cats safely escaped an early morning house fire near West Valley High School.
Spokane Valley firefighters responded to the home on N Sargent Rd near E Valleyway Ave around 7:20 a.m.
A woman who lived at the home woke up to a strong smoke smell and noticed a hotspot on her ceiling.
The fire was contained to the attic and firefighters will have to pull the ceiling down.
Firefighters determined the fire started from an electrical problem.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.