What Thanksgiving leftovers your pets can and can’t have
SPOKANE, Wash.– Thanksgiving is a food-filled time with friends and family.
That could leave your four-legged friends begging for a taste of turkey (or whatever your signature dish is!) Before you share with your animal companion, know there are some things that aren’t safe for them to consume.
Here are tips from the ASPCA on what Thanksgiving foods your pets can and can’t have.
- A little turkey– As long as it’s a small bite with no bones in it. It should also be cooked all the way.
- A lick of mashed potatoes.
- A taste of pumpkin-based treats.
- Green beans are a go.
- Turkey bones, skin and gravy
- Sweets like chocolate, pies
- Raisins and grapes
- Bread dough
- Anything with onions, garlic, chives
You can find a full list of foods to avoid giving your pets on the ASPCA website.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.