Two injured in late night motorhome fire
SPOKANE, Wash. — Two adults were transported to local hospitals for treatment after a motorhome fire late Sunday night.
Just before midnight, units from the Spokane Fire Department responded to a report of a burning motorhome in the alley behind 1424 W. Maxwell Ave. Crews quickly extinguished the fire, and stopped it from spreading.
Two adults approached crews and reported they were in the motorhome when it caught fire. One individual suffered burns to the hands and face, and the second was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation. Both were taken to local hospitals for treatment.
The fire damaged overhead power lines. Avista is working to repair the damage and restore power to the affected area.
The motorhome was destroyed.
The cause of the fire is investigation by the Spokane Fire Department Special Investigation Unit.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.