Students at Franklin Elem. in Pullman return to class following reports of natural gas smell
PULLMAN, WAsh. — Students at Franklin Elementary School in Pullman were evacuated from class because of a natural gas smell in the building early Thursday morning.
Avista and Pullman Fire crews responded to the scene and determined the school was safe for students to return. It is unclear what caused the smell.
While crews were looking into the issue, Franklin students were bused to nearby Lincoln Middle School and welcomed by staff. It also happened to be pajama day at Lincoln.
Pullman Public Schools tweeted, “Our sweet Franklin students will think middle school teachers always wear pajamas to school!”
Once the scene was cleared, students were bused back to Franklin.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.