SPS summer meals program kicks off Monday
SPOKANE, Wash. — Spokane children needing meals can now pick them up at various locations across the city.
Spokane Public Schools started its Summer Meals Program at the following locations Monday:
- Finch Elementary at 11 a.m.
- Grant Elementary at 11 a.m.
- Lewis and Clark High School at 9 a.m.
- Logan Elementary at 11 a.m.
- North Central High School at 11:30 a.m.
- Rogers High School at 11 a.m.
- Salk Middle School at 10 a.m.
- Witter Aquatic Center at 12:30 p.m.
Several other locations will open on Tuesday. A full list can be found below:
These sites will be open for one hour per day, and offer five-day meal kits for children. The program will continue through August 20, but no meals will be served on July 5 in honor of the holiday.
The Summer Meals Program is federally funded, and was created to ensure meals for all children 18 and under. Children do not need to attend an SPS school to qualify for the program.
To find the location nearest you, text “FOOD” to 877-877.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.