SPOKANE, Wash. - Gonzaga University and the University of Washington announced Monday they've extended their men's college basketball rivalry through the 2023-24 season.
In the new four-year home and home series, the Zags will host the Huskies in Spokane during the 2020-21 and 2022-23 seasons. The Huskies will welcome the Zags to Seattle during the 2021-22 and 2023-24 seasons.
The final game of the current home and home series will take place in Seattle this coming season. Gonzaga defeated Washington 81-79 in their most recent meeting at the McCarthey Athletic Center on Dec. 5, 2018.
Gonzaga has won 12 of the last 13 matchups with Washington, including five in a row. However, the Huskies still lead the all-time series 29-18.
- Signs point toward Gordon starting for WSU in opener
- Washington State University ranks 23rd in national Top 25 poll
- WSU's Gubrud added to Golden Arm Watch List
- Eagles start season ranked #3 in national coach's poll
- Vikings top Seahawks 25-19 behind crisp preseason passing
- Kikuchi throws 2-hitter for 1st shutout, Mariners top Jays