SPOKANE, Wash. - Gonzaga University and the University of Washington announced Monday they've extended their men's college basketball rivalry through the 2023-24 season.
In the new four-year home and home series, the Zags will host the Huskies in Spokane during the 2020-21 and 2022-23 seasons. The Huskies will welcome the Zags to Seattle during the 2021-22 and 2023-24 seasons.
The final game of the current home and home series will take place in Seattle this coming season. Gonzaga defeated Washington 81-79 in their most recent meeting at the McCarthey Athletic Center on Dec. 5, 2018.
Gonzaga has won 12 of the last 13 matchups with Washington, including five in a row. However, the Huskies still lead the all-time series 29-18.
- Schueller leading the way for the Vikings
- Gonzaga jumps to no. 6, UW drops out of Top 25 in latest AP rankings
- Seahawks lose to Rams 28-12, drop to fifth place in NFC
- No. 9 Gonzaga downs No. 22 Washington 83-76 in another classic
- Preview: No. 9 Gonzaga visits No. 22 Washington
- Washington State is going to the Cheez-It bowl, facing Air Force