NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Washington State quarterback Garnder Minshew was selected by the Jacksonville Jaguars as the No. 178 pick in the sixth round of the NFL Draft Saturday.
The graduate transfer quarterback led the nation in passing yards this year in his lone season as a Coug, and and helped WSU to their first-ever 11-win season in program history.
Runningback James Williams went undrafted, but shortly after the seventh round wrapped up, he signed as a free agent with the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Kikuchi throws 2-hitter for 1st shutout, Mariners top Jays
- Seager hits tiebreaking HR, Mariners beat Blue Jays 4-3
- "Gordon played the best" Mike Leach on QB race after second WSU scrimmage
- Talkington handed the reins and leads EWU offense to 425-yard effort
- Vandals making progress in the trenches
- Guerrero, Grichuk power Blue Jays to 7-3 win over Mariners