Three-year starting safety Jalen Thompson violated NCAA rules, making him ineligible for his senior season, he will enter the NFL Supplemental draft, according to Washington State Athletics.
Thompson was expected to start again this season, and bolster a deep secondary for the Cougs.
“Washington State University safety Jalen Thompson will not return for his senior season after losing his final year of eligibility due to a violation of NCAA rules. Thompson has entered the NFL Supplemental Draft set for later next month.”
National Insider for the NFL Network Ian Rapoport tweeted this statement today:
A key entrance into the supplemental draft: Washington State S Jalen Thompson, who learned yesterday he lost his eligibility for the 2019 season and applied to be drafted in July. He hired agent Brad Cicala and is heading into the NFL. Should be selected.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 29, 2019
- Signs point toward Gordon starting for WSU in opener
- WSU's Gubrud added to Golden Arm Watch List
- Eagles start season ranked #3 in national coach's poll
- Vikings top Seahawks 25-19 behind crisp preseason passing
- Kikuchi throws 2-hitter for 1st shutout, Mariners top Jays
- Seager hits tiebreaking HR, Mariners beat Blue Jays 4-3