PULLMAN, Wash. - With the game on the line and down one with :17 seconds to play, Borislava Hristova got the step on her defender, crashing to the rim for what looked like the game-winning layup and the foul against the No. 16/16 ranked Oregon State Beavers at Beasley Coliseum Friday night.
However, the magic ending for Washington State (10-15, 3-10 Pac-12) was not to be as the Beavers (18-6, 9-4 Pac-12) Katie McWilliams saved the night for OSU with a tip-in of a Marie Gulich pass with :02 to play in regulation, sending the contest into overtime. McWilliams would play the hero in the extra period when she hit a pair of free throws with :01.1 to play after a controversial call set the Beaver junior to the line.
The Cougs had stormed back from six points down with just one minute to play in the overtime period, tying the game with a free throw with :02 to play by Maria Kostourkova. WSU was able to get back into the game late in overtime thanks to a pair of clutch three-pointers by Hristova and Pinelopi Pavlopoulou, the last of which came with just :12 seconds to play.
- Gonzaga Beats Ohio State, Advances To 4th Straight Sweet 16
- Gonzaga Women Fall Short At Stanford
- Zags get rematch with much-improved Ohio State
- Four consecutive Sweet Sixteens on the line For Zags
- Gonzaga fans vs Ohio State fans in Boise
- UMBC makes history in NCAA Tourney beating No. 1 seed Virginia