PULLMAN, Wash. - The Washington State Cougars defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys resigned last Friday in unexpected fashion, head coach Mike Leach said Monday he was just as surprised as everyone else.
"I mean to be honest a lot of you guys probably know as much about it as I do from the standpoint he chose to resign for his own reasons which he wasn't very specific about. I think as people go through things and you know, everybody's dealing with something but then all the sudden, you select a different course. He did and it was sudden, and it was in the middle of things but we wish him the best."
Mike Leach extends WSU contract through 2024
Gardner Minshew named starting quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars
- Chiefs extend winning streak to five games
- Schueller leading the way for the Vikings
- Gonzaga jumps to no. 6, UW drops out of Top 25 in latest AP rankings
- No. 9 Gonzaga downs No. 22 Washington 83-76 in another classic
- Preview: No. 9 Gonzaga visits No. 22 Washington
- Washington State is going to the Cheez-It bowl, facing Air Force