SEATTLE, Wash. - After the Seattle Seahawks incredible 28-26 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, Russell Wilson has been nominated for the FedEx Air and Ground Player of the Week due to his impressive performance during Week 2.
Wilson threw for three touchdowns, finishing with a total of 300 passing yards and an 82.9 pass completion percentage.
For the past 17 years, FedEx has recognized the NFL quarterbacks and running backs who showcase their best performances for their fans and team each week.
According to NFL.com, FedEx will donate $2,000 each week to the United Service Organizations (USO) on behalf of the two NFL award winners through FedEx Cares. The $4,000 donation will support the USO Pathfinder program, which provides resources and personalized services to assist service members and military spouses in their transition from the military to civilian life.
Vote for your favorite quarterback and running back from Week 2 here on NFL.com/voting.
- Pair of Seniors leading the way at U-High
- HBO back filming '24/7 College Football' on WSU campus
- Mike Leach wants team to adapt 'scratch and claw' mentality after 0-3 start in Pac12
- Defense pushes Seahawks past Browns; at 5-1 for only third time
- Gonzaga alum Josh Perkins waived from Charlotte Hornets
- Washington State loses in the final minute to ASU 38-34, third straight Pac12 loss