SPOKANE, Wash. - It was wet and cold in the Pine Bowl Saturday, but the Whitworth Pirates found a way to win their third straight game, 19-14 over George Fox.
It was a slow, physical game with little offense as the Pirates led 6-0 at half, and held on late to improve to 3-0 in the Northwest Conference.
Quarterback Leif Ericksen overcame two first quarter interceptions to lead the offense with 195 passing yards and a touchdown.
Running back Brayden Corona rushed 17 times for 41 yards and a touchdown.
Whitworth will be back on the road next week at Puget Sound.
- Cougars take down Stanford, one win away from a bowl game
- Eagles hang on to beat Cal Poly in a shootout
- Idaho falls flat at home aginst Hornets
- No. 8 Gonzaga has no trouble in first road test, downing Texas A&M 79-49
- WSU women's soccer moves on in NCAA tourney with win over Memphis
- Coeur d'Alene advances to state championship, Mt. Spokane dismantles Peninsula