Assistant General Manager of Hockey Operations Chris Moulton has been hired by the Wasserman hockey division as their Western Canada Player Recruitment and Development Advisor. Moulton had been with the Chiefs organization since 2005.
“I’d like to thank everyone in Spokane for 14 great years,” Moulton said.
“I will always remember those special moments of being a Chief. Like they say,
‘Once a Chief, always a Chief.’ ”
Moulton joined the Chiefs as Director of Player Personnel in 2005 after serving as one of the original members of the Calgary Hitmen organization. In 2016 he was promoted to Assistant General Manager for the Chiefs. In his role, he coordinated the Chiefs’ scouting efforts in preparation for the annual bantam draft and supervised the Chiefs’ annual training camp. He also worked closely with general managers Tim Speltz and Scott Carter on personnel decisions and roster evaluation.Chris Moulton
“I think anyone who has been a part of the Chiefs organization or the WHL scouting fraternity knows what an amazing person and friend Chris is,” said general manager Scott Carter. “He cares so deeply for his players and their families.
“These will be big shoes to fill but Chris has a great opportunity and we wish him all the best.”
In his new role, Moulton will tap into his over 20-years of experience and relationships in the Western Hockey League to help recruit and service clients.
- Seahawks hand 49ers first loss of the season in overtime thriller
- Zags stay at no. 8 in AP Top 25 poll
- Washington State soccer to host NCAA first-round game against Memphis
- Pac12 referee suspended after "mechanics error" in Washington State loss to Cal
- Zags cruise past CSU Bakersfield in home -and season- opener
- Washington State struggles in Berkeley, Bears down the Cougs 33-20