SPOKANE, Wash. - The North Central volleyball team is looking for leaders with a great level of playing ability, but also high character, they found a great example in Senior Katie Allbery.
"I think that she's really taken that to heart being a Senior, and she's urging to step up in those leadership roles and really be that person that her team can lean on when we're in tough situations, said coach Whitney Abell.
"Something I've really been focusing on trying to lift up my teammates," Allbery added. "Not get in my own head when I make mistakes and just like let it go and cheer everyone on and just be a support for them."
Her example goes far beyond the volleyball court as Allbery has a near perfect GPA, she's an AP Scholar, honor society member, volunteers her time, and holds down a job.
Four News Now's Alyssa Charlston reports from North Central High School.
If you know a Senior student-athlete that deserves recognition in our Shining Star program, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com
- MUST SEE: Shadle Park, EWU basketball player's dunk is SportsCenter's #1 play
- EWU's Peatling sets Big Sky scoring record with 54 points, Eags beat Multnomah146-89
- Chiefs extend winning streak to five games
- Gonzaga jumps to no. 6, UW drops out of Top 25 in latest AP rankings
- Seahawks lose to Rams 28-12, drop to fifth place in NFC
- No. 9 Gonzaga downs No. 22 Washington 83-76 in another classic