SEATTLE, Wash. - The Seattle Seahawks overcame a lot of adversity to score a game winning touchdown in overtime to beat Tampa Bay 40-34.
The game was sent to overtime when Jason Meyers missed a 40 yard field goal for Seattle as time expired in regulation.
Russell Wilson led the way on offense with 372 yards passing and 5 touchdowns with no interceptions. Tyler Lockett led the way receiving with 13 catches for 152 yards and 2 scores.
The game was back and forth all day until DK Metcalf scored the go ahead touchdown on a 53 yard catch and run.
After Tampa Bay answered with less than a minute remaining, Wilson led the Hawks back and they missed the field goal.
Seattle improves to 7-2 on the season, they have a big showdown with San Franscisco next week on Monday Night Football.
Seahawks take over first place with win over Vikings
Seahawks claim Josh Gordon off waivers
- Chiefs extend winning streak to five games
- Schueller leading the way for the Vikings
- Gonzaga jumps to no. 6, UW drops out of Top 25 in latest AP rankings
- Seahawks lose to Rams 28-12, drop to fifth place in NFC
- No. 9 Gonzaga downs No. 22 Washington 83-76 in another classic
- Preview: No. 9 Gonzaga visits No. 22 Washington