SEATTLE (AP) -- Kyle Seager hit a tiebreaking home run in the eighth inning and the Seattle Mariners rallied late to beat the Texas Rangers 4-3 Sunday.
Down 3-0, the Mariners scored three times in the seventh. Seager connected with one out in the eighth off Sam Dyson (0-4) for his second homer of the season.
Marc Rzepczynski (1-0) got one out for the win. Edwin Diaz worked a perfect ninth for his sixth save.
Texas starter Andrew Cashner was pulled after issuing a leadoff walk to Seager in the seventh. Reliever Jose Leclerc got two outs but issued three walks, including a bases-loaded pass to Jean Segura.
Pinch hitter Danny Valencia followed by driving in two runs with a bloop single off Alex Claudio that made it 3-all.
- Gonzaga matched against nation's best 13-seed
- First-time NCAA excitement for Gonzaga freshmen
- Former Gonzaga guard coaching against Bulldogs in NCAA Tournament
- Berquist Does It All For Colfax, From Hoops To Rodeo
- Gonzaga women receive 13 seed in NCAA Tournament
- Gonzaga men given 4 seed in NCAA Tournament