HOUSTON, Texas - A quiet first start for former WSU quarterback Gardner Minshew turned into an exciting fourth quarter, but Jacksonville lost to Houston 13-12.
Minshew was sacked four times by the Texans, and fumbled on three of them, but turned it around in the final frame. He led the Jaguars offense down the field and scored with 30 seconds to go, with a score of 13-12.
Jacksonville tried for the 2-pt conversion, but it ended with Justin Reid stopped RB Leonard Fournette from breaking over the goal line and going ahead.
The former Coug was 23-33 for 213 yards, and one touchdown on the day.
The Jaguars learned they won't have their original starting QB Nick Foles until Nov. 17 at the earliest because of a broken collarbone, but Minshew (23-of-33, 213 yards)
Perry uses positive energy to lead Mt. Spokane from the sideline
WSU's Gordon named Pac-12 Player of the Week for third time this season
- Perry uses positive energy to lead Mt. Spokane from the sideline
- WSU's Gordon named Pac-12 Player of the Week for third time this season
- Gonzaga's Petrusev named WCC Player of the Week
- Vandal women take down Dons on the road
- Eagle women fall on the road to Utes
- Gonzaga men's basketball stays at no. 8 for another week