The Idaho State Board of Education today approved a multi-year contract for Terry Lynn Gawlik to become the University of Idaho’s new athletic director.
The Board approved a five-year contract for Gawlik during a special meeting held by teleconference at the Board office in Boise.
Gawlik comes to the U of I from the University of Wisconsin – Madison, where she currently serves as senior associate athletic director for sports administration and is a member of the athletics division’s senior staff. She has worked in UW-Madison’s athletics division since 1994.
Gawlik’s annual base salary will be $200,000 per year. With incentives, which are based on academic and athletic performance, her salary could increase as high as $255,000 annually.
The contract also includes a clause for liquidated damages equal to one-half of the remaining base salary of the contract regardless of whether it is terminated by the university or the athletic director.
Terry Lynn Gawlik’s contract at the University of Idaho begins September 1, 2019.
- Defense pushes Seahawks past Browns; at 5-1 for only third time
- Gonzaga alum Josh Perkins waived from Charlotte Hornets
- Washington State loses in the final minute to ASU 38-34, third straight Pac12 loss
- Gonzaga women show early composure at 2019 Fan Fest
- Eagles blow past Northern Colorado to move to 2-1 in Big Sky
- Vandals struggle to score in Portland