MOSCOW, Idaho - The Idaho Vandals jumped out to a 28-0 lead over visiting number 11 Eastern Washington in the first half and hung on for a 35-27 win in the Kibbie Dome.
Quarterback Mason Petrino led the way throwing for 240 yards and two touchdowns, and ran for another as the Vandals had a balanced offensive attack.
Eastern had a scored 19 fourth quarter points to get within one score, but couldn't recover the onside kick with 45 seconds remaining.
Eastern quarterback Eric Barriere finished the day with 365 passing yards and two touchdowns and one interception on the day.
With the win Idaho improves to 2-2 (2-0 at home), Eastern falls to 1-3.
This game was a non-conference game and both Eastern and Idaho will begin Big Sky play next weekend.
- Cougars can't hang on to second half lead aginst Omaha
- Cougar women stay perfect with win at Boise State
- Marxen leads Vandal women to win over Seattle
- Eastern Eagles fall just short of upset bid over Boston College
- Zags stay undefeated in Tillie's return
- No. 8 Gonzaga looks to go 5-0 hosting U-T Arlington