TACOMA, Wash. - For the second straight year, Gonzaga Prep will take home the 4A state championship trophy, behind a 33-point night from Gonzaga commit Anton Watson.
The Bullpups used their height advantage through Watson down low all night, he only missed three shots on the night (16-19) to go along with eight rebounds.
Gonzaga Prep was the second seed in the tournament, but missed out on facing top-seeded Eastside Catholic after they were ousted in the semifinals by Mt. Si.
Out of four Greater Spokane League teams competing for state titles Saturday, the Bullpups were the only ones able to take home a trophy.
- Guerrero, Grichuk power Blue Jays to 7-3 win over Mariners
- Seager's 3 RBIs lead Mariners over Tigers, 7-2
- Canadians shut out Indians to even series
- WSU still deciding on quarterback 10 days into fall camp
- Victor Reyes, Harold Castro combine for five hits in win
- NIC men's basketball program ordered to vacate championships after violating NWAC code