SPOKANE, Wash. - Josh Perkins had 14 points and six assists, and No. 5 Gonzaga beat Pacific 67-36 on Thursday night, the sixth straight win for the Bulldogs.
Zach Norvell Jr. scored 11 points for Gonzaga (15-2, 2-0 West Coast Conference), which has beaten the Tigers 13 consecutive times. Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke each scored 10 points, and Clarke had five blocks.
Roberto Gallinat scored nine points to lead Pacific (10-8, 0-3).
Pacific was held to its lowest point total of the season after shooting just 26.7 percent and committing 22 turnovers. Gonzaga also scored a season low.
Pacific used a slow-down offense to keep the score close in the early going. The teams were tied 10-10 midway through the first.
Then Gonzaga broke the game open.
Consecutive 3-pointers by Norvell and Perkins highlighted a 24-5 run that put Gonzaga ahead 34-15 at halftime.
Pacific shot just 27.8 percent in the first, while Gonzaga shot 56.5 percent.
Gonzaga slowly added to its lead in the second half.
Jeremy Jones' 3-pointer put Gonzaga up 50-26 midway through the second.
The Zags went on an 11-1 run to push their lead to 61-27.
- Washington State University ranks 23rd in national Top 25 poll
- WSU's Gubrud added to Golden Arm Watch List
- Eagles start season ranked #3 in national coach's poll
- Vikings top Seahawks 25-19 behind crisp preseason passing
- Kikuchi throws 2-hitter for 1st shutout, Mariners top Jays
- Seager hits tiebreaking HR, Mariners beat Blue Jays 4-3