SPOKANE, Wash. - Gonzaga freshman Oumar Ballo has been declared an academic redshirt by the NCAA for the 2019-20 season.
Ballo is unable to participate in athletic competition this season, but will continue to receive an athletic scholarship and practice with the team. He will have four years of eligibility beginning in the fall of 2020-21.
"Oumar is a tremendous young man and an intelligent student," GU Head Coach Mark Few said. "International academic eligibility can be complicated. He will be a significant asset to our program. This is an opportunity for him to become a highly successful student-athlete."
- Gonzaga improves to 3-0 with another blowout win
- Cougars suffer first loss of the season at Santa Clara
- Seahawks hand 49ers first loss of the season in overtime thriller
- Anderson helps lead Bullpups through emotional cross country season
- Zags stay at no. 8 in AP Top 25 poll
- Washington State soccer to host NCAA first-round game against Memphis