SPOKANE, Wash. - The Gonzaga Bulldogs are waiting for their chance to win another West Coast Conference Tournament in Las Vegas, but today they were in the headlines for a different reason.
An article in the San Diego Tribune confirmed that the Mountain West Conference has spoken with six schools about the possibility of conference expansion.
In that report Gonzaga is listed as one of the schools and was confirmed by the conference. Gonzaga Athletic Director Mike Roth also confirmed that they have at least talked to the MWC.
Things could get rather interesting next week as both the WCC and the MWC will be in Las Vegas for their conference basketball tournaments.
- Gonzaga Beats Ohio State, Advances To 4th Straight Sweet 16
- Gonzaga Women Fall Short At Stanford
- Zags get rematch with much-improved Ohio State
- Four consecutive Sweet Sixteens on the line For Zags
- Gonzaga fans vs Ohio State fans in Boise
- UMBC makes history in NCAA Tourney beating No. 1 seed Virginia