SPOKANE, Wash. - After ending the season with a 30-3 record, the Gonzaga Bulldogs earn the top seed in the West Region on Selection Sunday.
They will play the winner of Prairie View A&M vs Fairleigh Dickinson on Thursday, March 21st in Salt Lake City at the Vivint Smart Home Arena, the same arena the Utah Jazz play in.
Whether the Zags would earn a one-seed was put into question after their loss in the West Coast Conference championship on Tuesday against Saint Mary's.
The NCAA is using their new NET rankings this year to determine the seeding and brackets for the 2019 tournament, The Bulldogs finished #2 in those rankings this year. Their record against quadrant 1 teams was 4-3.
Michigan State and Tennessee were both threats to take a one-seed away from the Zags, as the Spartans finished with 13 quadrant one wins, the most in the country.
Joining Gonzaga in the West are: 4th-seeded Kansas against 13th-seeded Northeastern, fifth-seeded Auburn vs 12th-seeded Murray State, and eighth-seeded Syracuse against ninth-seeded Baylor.
KXLY will be live from the Kennel tonight, March 17th at 5, 6 and 11 p.m. to get Gonzaga's reaction to their seed and matchup. We will follow the Zags through each location as they hope to land in the Final Four in Minneapolis.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Pair of Seniors leading the way at U-High
- HBO back filming '24/7 College Football' on WSU campus
- Mike Leach wants team to adapt 'scratch and claw' mentality after 0-3 start in Pac12
- Defense pushes Seahawks past Browns; at 5-1 for only third time
- Gonzaga alum Josh Perkins waived from Charlotte Hornets
- Washington State loses in the final minute to ASU 38-34, third straight Pac12 loss