The Bulldogs beat BYU 6-2 Saturday night, clinching a share of the WCC title and the No. 1 seed in next weekend’s WCC Championships in Stockton, Calif. (held at Banner Island Ballpark).
This is the bulldogs’ first back-to-back WCC title since 1980-81 when Gonzaga was part of the NorPac Conference, and this is their fourth WCC regular season title in program history (also: 2009, 2013, 2016).
They also shared the title with BYU and Saint Mary’s last season.
The Zags swept BYU in a three-game series this weekend for a share of the title. This is Gonzaga’s first-ever season sweep of BYU.
- McCoy, Bills overcome Colts for OT win in snow
- Williams leads No. 12 Gonzaga to 97-70 rout of Washington
- Jaguars beat Seahawks 30-24, take outright lead in AFC South
- Eagles Battle Coyotes to Bitter End in Two-Point Road Loss
- Christy Leads Whitworth Over Colorado College
- UNLV Takes Lead Late, Beats Zags 52-50