SPOKANE, Wash. - With eight new faces and just three returners on Gonzaga basketball's roster right now, fans at Kraziness in the Kennel got to see them on the court together for the first time.
Senior forward Killian Tillie is out for an undetermined period after having what head coach Mark Few called a "proactive, and clean-up" knee procedure.
The graduate transfer guards, Admon Gilder and Ryan Woolridge had good first appearances, Gilder was second in the three-point competition and led all scorers with 14 pts in the blue vs white scrimmage.
Freshman Brock Ravet won the 3-pt contest. There was no dunk contest this year, and sophomore forward Filip Petrusev won the skill challenge.
Junior forward Corey Kispert scored 11 points in the 16-minute scrimmage and Petrusev were the only other players on the court who have had meaningful minutes in a Zag uniform.
Sophomore guard Joel Ayayi looked more confident Saturday and may work himself into more minutes than he's seen in his two seasons (one redshirt) at Gonzaga.
Freshman from Mali Oumar Ballo is awaiting a decision by the NCAA to determine if he will be eligible to play in 2019-20.
- FNSE 10.18.2019 Part 1 Mead downs Central Valley, GSL race gets messy
- FNSE 10.18.2019 Part 2: Great Northern and Northeast A league action
- FNSE 10.18.2019 Part 3: Liberty wins at home, and plays of the week
- Pair of Seniors leading the way at U-High
- HBO back filming '24/7 College Football' on WSU campus
- Mike Leach wants team to adapt 'scratch and claw' mentality after 0-3 start in Pac12