SPOKANE, Wash. - Former Gonzaga basketball player Gary Bell Jr. will return to the team in a new role.
On Monday, Gonzaga men's basketball announced Bell will join the team as a graduate assistant.
Bell played for the Zags from 2011 to 2015. He was named the West Coast Conference Defensive Player of the Year and All-West Coast Conference Team in 2015.
Bell scored 1,291 points for the Zags during his time with the team and ranks eighth in program history with 219 made three-pointers. After his time in Spokane, he went on to play professionally in Poland, France and Greece.
- Pair of Seniors leading the way at U-High
- HBO back filming '24/7 College Football' on WSU campus
- Mike Leach wants team to adapt 'scratch and claw' mentality after 0-3 start in Pac12
- Defense pushes Seahawks past Browns; at 5-1 for only third time
- Gonzaga alum Josh Perkins waived from Charlotte Hornets
- Washington State loses in the final minute to ASU 38-34, third straight Pac12 loss