The four Chicago Blackhawks fans ejected from the United Center on Saturday over racist taunts directed at Washington Capitals forward Devante Smith-Pelly have been banned from attending Blackhawks home games, according to The Associated Press.
The fans were informed of the decision by the team, a Blackhawks team spokesman wrote in an email to the AP on Monday.
"Racist comments and other inappropriate behavior are not tolerated by the Chicago Blackhawks," Rogowin wrote.
The four fans were ejected from the Blackhawks' 7-1 win over the Capitals on Saturday after chanting "basketball, basketball, basketball" at Smith-Pelly, who is black, while he was sitting in the penalty box.
- Gonzaga matched against nation's best 13-seed
- First-time NCAA excitement for Gonzaga freshmen
- Former Gonzaga guard coaching against Bulldogs in NCAA Tournament
- Berquist Does It All For Colfax, From Hoops To Rodeo
- Gonzaga women receive 13 seed in NCAA Tournament
- Gonzaga men given 4 seed in NCAA Tournament