Spokane Valley offering grants to events, activities that help boost economy
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash.– Events and activities in Spokane Valley looking for a helping hand can apply for a grant from the city.
City leaders said they were accepting applications from nonprofits and public agencies to fund events and marketing activities next year that promote tourism, and boost the local economy. They are accepting proposals for activities that bring visitors from out of the area.
Here’s what funding is available for:
- Tourism marketing.
- Marketing and operations of special events and festivals.
- Operations and capital expenditures for tourism-related facilities owned or operated by a municipality or public facilities district.
- The operation (but not capital expenditures) of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by non-profit organizations.
Applications and supporting documents need to be received by the city no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 1.
The funds for the tourism awards come from the city’s lodging tax.
You can find applications at spokanevalley.org. Click on “Departments” on the top menu, then select “Finance” and “Grant Applications.” Also, you can contact accountant/budget analyst Sarah Farr at email@example.com or by calling (509) 720-5041.
What other people are reading:
- Spokane Fire Department mourns loss of local firefighter
- Southeast Spokane County Fair canceled because of COVID
- Northwest Christian Schools not requiring masks this fall
- Washington lays out penalties for schools that ignore COVID mandates
- Hoopfest director clarifies refund policy, says cancelation was a shock
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.