Lithium battery charger caused Pullman townhouse fire

PULLMAN, Wash. — A townhouse on Lost Trail Drive in Pullman was destroyed in a fire Thursday morning.

Authorities determined the fire was caused by a lithium battery charger that was being used overnight in the garage. Once the fire started, authorities said ammunition began to explode inside the space.

A responding police officer was hit by some kind of projectile, but only had minor injuries.

Authorities aid there is about $500,000 in damage done and the family involved is receiving help from the American Red Cross.