Planning a last minute Memorial Day getaway? Here’s what you should know before you take to the skies
Memorial Day is right around the corner, and travel industry experts are predicting millions of people across the country will make the most of the long holiday weekend.
With vaccination rates climbing and COVID restrictions easing, TSA expects at least 6 million travelers to pass through airports this weekend, which would be the first time the number would reach that high since the start of the pandemic.
Travel app Hopper has released the following travel data for this Memorial Day.
Popular travel dates:
- Busiest days to depart: Thursday, May 27 and Friday, May 28
- Busiest days to return: Monday, May 31 and Wednesday, June 2
- Atlanta: 493,766 expected passengers
- Chicago: 395,811 expected passengers
- Los Angeles: 365,588 expected passengers
If you are planning to travel by car instead, you should expect the highest gas prices for the holiday since 2014, according to AAA.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.