William A. Norton, age 63, passed away Friday, March 2, 2018 at his home in Oakesdale, Washington. At his request, no services will be held.
He was born October 7, 1954 at Spokane, WA to John Henry and Barbara (Woods) Norton. He was raised in Oakesdale where he attended schools, graduating from high school in 1973. Following high school, Bill worked for area farmers and had worked for the J. E. Love Company in Garfield for a few years. Bill later moved to Reno, Nevada where he worked 3 years as a welder for a wrecking yard there. He then moved to Phoenix, Arizona and worked for the next 20 years in a wrecking yard there. In 2016, he returned to his family home in Oakesdale where he lived with his brother Ken. He has been in failing health for the past few years.
He is survived by his brother, Ken Norton of Oakesdale, WA; 2 sisters, Melissa Hanley of Palouse, WA and Theresa Pfaff of Garfield, WA; two sons, Mark Norton of Oakesdale and Jerry Norton of Everett, WA; and several grandchildren. Also surviving are 3 step-children.
Kramer Funeral Home of Palouse, Washington is caring for the family. Online condolences may be left at www.kramercares.com.
- Air 4 Adventure: First day of spring
- Students plan March For Our Lives as news hits of another school shooting
- Officer John Scott fired from Spokane Police Department
- Spokane man sentenced to 11 years in prison for child pornography possession
- Wild Waters waterpark is being demolished
- Beatles Fantasy Tribute tour coming to Spokane