Gunderson, Virgil Paul (88) passed away peacefully on Thursday Oct. 10 2019 surrounded by family.
Virgil was born in Crosby, North Dakota in 1931. He moved to Otis Orchards with his family in 1936 and spent the rest of his life in the Spokane Valley area. Virgil graduated from Otis Orchards High School in 1949 and served in the United States Naval Reserves from 1950 to 1954. He was married to his wife Jean (Eller) for 50 years until her death in 1999.
Together they had 3 children. Linda Juliano Spokane, Ronald Gunderson (Deceased) and Matthew Gunderson Newman Lake. Virgil enjoyed being a grandfather to 7 grandchildren (1 grandson deceased), and 11 great grandchildren. Virgil was a long-time member of the Spokane Valley Eagles. He will be missed by family and friends.
Virgil's life will be honored at a Celebration of Life Service and Visitation on Thursday, October 17 from 6pm to 7:30 at Hennessey Valley Funeral Home located at 1315 N Pines Rd in Spokane Valley. Funeral will be held at St. Josephs in Otis Orchards on Friday, October 18 at 11am.
- Man who drove car into South Hill home arrested for DUI
- Recent dispute could delay Spokane's newest shelter form opening yet again
- Giving you an inside look at video game addiction rehab
- City councilwoman looks to ban high-pitched alarms aimed at driving away loiterers
- Teen's tradition of giving continues with large donation
- Liberty Lake schools taking extra precautions during boil water advisory