Theodore Spencer Morton was born in Lawndale, California on April 16, 1938.
He graduated from Mira Costa High School in 1955, and served in the Air Force from 1955-1959. He married the love of his life, Shirley Barr, in 1973, and they moved up to Spokane in 1994.
Ted loved people, his 1967 red Mustang, going to car shows with the Mustang Club, animals, golfing, sweets, and Thrifty Scotsman burgers. He also loved his job installing carpet--a career he excelled at for almost 60 years until he passed away on March 8, 2018.
What he will be remembered for by most is how grateful he was, no matter the circumstances, for the blessed life he had been given. He was loved by many and will be missed dearly.
A celebration of Ted’s life will be held at Spokane Valley Church of the Nazarene, 15515 E. 20th Ave. Spokane Valley, WA on Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 11 am. A reception will immediately follow the service. Memorial contributions can be made to SNAP or the Hospice House South in his memory.
- Student strangers become friends planning March For Our Lives Spokane
- Suspect on the loose after hours-long standoff
- Jersey Mikes donates all sales to Providence Health Care Foundation
- Body found at Winchester State Park
- Interior Secretary and Spokane Tribe discuss opioid crisis, Grand Coulee Dam compensation
- Wake Up Call to offer puppaccinos on National Puppy Day