Sylvia Rosemarie Font, age 87, passed peacefully on Monday, February 12th, at Hospice House in Spokane, Washington. She was born April 1, 1930, in Youngstown, Ohio, the daughter of Jacob Polite and Nancy Zarella.
Sylvia received her Registered Nursing degree from St. Elizabeth Hospital’s School of Nursing in Youngstown, Ohio, and practiced nursing for 40 years. In addition to nursing, Sylvia was a talented artist. She loved to read and loved to learn new things and ideas about the world around her, throughout her entire life. She was a smart, independent woman, with a terrific sense of humor, and we will miss her deeply.
Sylvia is survived by her children: Gigi (Glenn) Griese; Michael (Laura) Font; her grandchildren: Maureen Font, Mark Font, Matthew Griese; her great grandchild Calvin; and, her loving cat, Maxwell.
A celebration of Sylvia’s life will be held at 11:00 am on March 23rd at the Moran United Methodist Church, 3601 E. 65th Ave, Spokane, WA.
Sylvia loved all animals, but especially her cats, Baby and Maxwell. In lieu of flowers, Sylvia asked that donations be made to the Spokane Human Society, SCRAPS or the animal rescue/shelter of your choice.
- Teenage girl killed in crash near McCall, Idaho
- BCSO equips deputies with Narcan spray to deal with opioid overdoses
- Search for missing swimmer at Palouse Falls State Park suspended for dangerous conditions
- Coeur d'Alene woman dies after driving car into Fernan Lake
- Silver Mountain to reopen for encore day Saturday
- Less than one month left to check out Titanic: the Artifact Exhibition