It is with great sadness and grief that we announce the passing of Steve Moran on May 14th, 2019 after battling pancreatic cancer.
Steve was born on April 27, 1951 to Frank and Mary Moran (deceased) in Spokane WA. He grew up in Mead, WA and graduated from Mead HS.
Steve started his own business "Steve Moran's Custom Rods," and soon became a Master Craftsman. He was a member of The Inland Empire Fly Fishing Club and received the Distinguished Service Award for his long and distinguished service to the sport of Fly Fishing.
Steve had provided art products and custom-built rods to fisherman from Spokane to Malaysia. He was also a teacher to many and his experience, especially on the St. Joe River where he was an Orvis endorsed guide to many over the years for people throughout the country and was always more than happy to guide with any of his many, many friends.
Steve is survived by his loving wife Linda, sons Scott (Sara), Shawn (Phedra), granddaughter Josie, brothers Frank (Kodie), Mike, Glen (deceased), nephew Erin and especially his beloved and faithful companion, his dog Ben.
A celebration of Steve's life will be held/announced at a later date.
A special thanks to our neighbor Hawk who helped us through the most difficult times and Hospice of Spokane.
- Longtime NIC baseball coach Jack Bloxom passes away
- Two people rescued near Long Bridge in Sandpoint
- Life of Shianne Soles honored with 21 gun salute at funeral service
- A look at tonight's Armed Forces Torchlight Parade route
- Driver blows through stop sign in Spokane Valley, causes accident
- Defense: FBI found no link between Instagram account, devices from LCHS threat suspect's home