Ronald (Ron) Ralph Ponto (Age 72) was born in Honolulu, Hawaii on November 23, 1945, and passed away May 29, 2018 in Spokane, WA.
Ron grew up in Spokane where he graduated from Rogers High School then went and served his country in the U.S. Army. After leaving the Army, Ron went to Reno where he worked at Harrah’s car collection company before moving to Walla Walla where he got his start in construction at Adams Tractor, and raised his family. In 1987 Ron moved to Spokane where he worked in the construction business until he retired in 2010.
Ron’s passion for the outdoors was evident through his hobby of photography, being outdoors and hunting with his son, Sean. His happiest times were when he was at the cabin he built at Wilderness Lake he named "3 Doe".
He is survived by his son Sean Ponto, daughter in law Traci, and longtime family friend Jerry Garvey. Ron was proceeded in his death by mother Gladys, father George and his only grandson Joel Ponto.
Services will be held at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to his favorite Charity C.O.P.S. Mounted Patrol Unit 6107 N Astor Spokane, WA 99208.
- Man charged with child rape threatened 11-year-old victim, police say
- Idaho Dept. of Fish and Game defends decision to euthanize cougar
- New four-wheeled attraction at Spokane Riverfront Park
- Court docs: Arson suspect said "I'll burn the whole place down"
- Spokane Police want to use drones for investigations & searches
- Coeur d'Alene cougar euthanized by Idaho Fish and Game