Ronald Neil McKern
November 2, 1940 – November 27,2019
Born to Clayton and Helen McKern in Newport, WA
Survived by wife: Kathy McKern, brother: Randy McKern (& Barbara); children: Debbie Simmons, Pam Foster (& Jay), Sheryl Mutton, Teri Laney (& Ron), Danny Reese (& Twila), Kim Miller, Debbie Reese, James Reese (& Angela), Jason
Reese (& Carly); 23 grandchildren, and 20 great grandchildren and many nieces, nephews and cousins. He served in the Navy, Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office, Pend Oreille Search and Rescue, City of Newport Road Maintenance dept., Newport Fire Department and Newport Rodeo Association. He drove long haul with Kathy before he retired. During his lifetime, if there was anything with flashing lights, he drove it. He enjoyed camping, motorcycles and time with family on the river. His sense of humor and laugh was matched by no one.
A graveside service is planned for December 14, 2019, at 10:00 am at Newport Cemetery. A celebration of life will follow at Kelly's Bar and Grill from 11:00-3:00. Come share your favorite memories.
Sherman-Campbell Funeral and Cremation Services in Newport is in charge of arrangements. Family and friends are invited to sign the online guest book at shermancampbell.com
- School delays for Thursday, Dec. 12
- Snow hits mountain passes as students head home for the holidays
- Meet the woman who takes all those nasty calls at the county when roads get bad
- 'There is still a long way to go': Providence fails to reach agreement with Sacred Heart nurses
- Power restored to Avista customers in the Garland neighborhood
- Whitworth sees increase in diversity since making SAT, ACT test scores optional