Mary H. Edwards passed away April 23, 2019 in at Brookdale Memory Care Center in Spokane, WA.
She was born on Election Day, November 4, 1922 in Hayden, CO to James Glenn Howard Hood and Susan Lucy Jones. The family often traveled between Colorado and California. Mary served in the US Army from October 11, 1943 to 1946 in the Women’s Army Corps 3rd Company 21st Regiment at Fort Oglethorpe, GA. Mary married Ted Edwards in 1950; Ted served in the US Air Force which took the family all over the world, including Japan, Spain, and Turkey. Mary and Ted were very proud of all their travels.
Mary is survived by her children, Dennis (Cindy) Edwards, Nancy (Mark) Witcher and Donna Bergman; grandchildren, Jace, Erin (Chris), Eric, Christi and TJ; great-grandchildren, Harley, Haiden and Hunter; as well as her sister, Julia Milner of Littleton, CO. She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, Ted Edwards.
Viewing will be held on Thursday, May 2nd from 11am – 4pm at Heritage Funeral Home.
A graveside service will be held on Friday, May 3rd at 10:30am at the Washington State Veteran’s Cemetery in Medical Lake followed by a memorial service at 3pm at Heritage Funeral Home.
- Air 4 Adventure: Pend Oreille Bay Trail
- Police: Burglar steals jewelry while great grandmother sleeps nearby
- Saturday is the last day for free tree disposal
- Man arrested for robbing WinCo Foods, reportedly threatening employees with knife
- Political action committees drop thousands in Spokane races as Election Day approaches
- Natural Grocers moving into old South Hill Hastings building