Joyce passed from this life on March 7, 2018. Better known to family and friends as Jody, she was born on July 25, 1940 in Spokane, WA.
She was raised in Newman Lake, attending Otis Orchards High School. She continued to live in the Spokane area after her marriage to Melvin Martin, Jr., and the birth of her six children, until her death.
Jody is survived by her children Melvin Martin, James Martin, Dawn House, Jesse Martin, Loreen Horn, and Bobbi Bridgers, sisters; Janie Chenoweth and Lola Collinsworth, and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her mother, Lola, father, Earl, twin sister Jean, and sisters Elizabeth and Lois.
Jody worked for School District 81 as a library paraprofessional until retirement. She was a member of Grace Baptist Church in Spokane for many years. Most recently she was a member of Spokane Baptist Church. Jody's life was dedicated to her children and to her Lord and she was in the presence of both when she passed. She will be greatly missed, but will continue to live on in the hearts of all who love her.
A Memorial Service will be held Friday, April 13, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. at Heritage Funeral Home, 508 North Government Way, Spokane, WA 99224. Please join us afterward with your favorite dish for a potluck reception at Spokane Baptist Church, 4506 North Harvard Road, Otis Orchards at 5:30pm.
- Spokane Valley family recovers after I-90 crash near downtown
- Local kid invents device to help people with arthritis
- Dolezal documentary arrives on Netflix Friday
- City of Spokane employees bring their kids to work
- City Ethics Commission: Mayor Condon did not violate ethics code
- Central Valley girls basketball team honored by Spokane Valley