Joseph Vincent Holst left this earth peacefully on Thursday, March 8, 2018, in Spokane Valley, Washington. Joseph was born on November 3, 1934, in Pueblo, Colorado, to Joseph Vincent Holst and Leora Burnham Holst.
Joseph was preceded in death by his parents, his sister, Regina, and son, Andrew. Joseph’s pride and joy was his family. He is survived by his wife, of almost 64 years, Barbara June Gilstrap Holst; his children April (Keith) Denigan, Joel (Kathi) Holst, Greg (Stacey) Holst, Jennifer (Boyd) Goodpaster & Kristopher Holst. Joseph loved his grandchildren; Candice, Jeremiah, Suzanne, AJ, Courtney, Jacob, Zach, Kerista & Brooke. Joseph had a special place in his heart for his great-grandchildren; Jordan, Xander, Knox, Benjamin and Axel. Joseph had a beautiful voice and is now singing in heaven. We will never forget you, Grandpa!
A private memorial and celebration of life will be held in the Spring.
- Spokane Valley family recovers after I-90 crash near downtown
- Local kid invents device to help people with arthritis
- Dolezal documentary arrives on Netflix Friday
- City of Spokane employees bring their kids to work
- City Ethics Commission: Mayor Condon did not violate ethics code
- Central Valley girls basketball team honored by Spokane Valley