Jerry Lee Downie left this earth on March 15, 2019 to meet his Lord and Savior after a long battle with pulmonary fibrosis.
He was looking forward to once again seeing his beloved father and mother, Earl and Vira Downie, and his seven siblings, who have all preceded him in death.
Born in Spokane, WA, October 13, 1934, graduated from Mead H.S. in 1952, served proudly and honorably in the Navy (1952-1955), and retired from GN-BN Railroad after 40 years. Jerry’s wife, Bonnie, of 62 years, his three sons: Kim (wife Teri), Kevin, Jody (wife Vicki), three grandkids: Shannon, Shane, and Leanne, eight great grandkids, as well as extended family, will miss this wonderful man dearly.
Funeral service with lunch reception to follow, will be at 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 21, 2019, at Hennessey Valley Funeral Home, 1315 N. Pines Rd, Spokane Valley.
- Local woman starts free library for homeless
- Neighborhood association files lawsuit over proposed Glenrose sports complex
- Coeur d'Alene Cruises takes you on a journey to the North Pole
- Dream of a White Christmas at the 'Bing Crosby Holiday Film Festival'
- WSU fans can get Coach Leach bobbleheads during senior night
- 2020 USA BMX Jumberjack Nationals to be held in Spokane