Al was born on September 20, 1928 in Pullman, WA and passed away on March 3, 2018 in Spokane.
He is survived by his wife Patricia Ann Dunning; children Gayle Harris, Brenda Woods, Kevin Dunning, Sue Smith and John Dunning; 12 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.
He grew up on his father’s farm in Pullman and attended WSU as a young man. He worked for Chevron-Standard gas stations for several years in Seattle and also owned his own business as a mechanic in Kenmore, WA. He was President of the Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship in Spokane for seven years.
Al was a devout Christian for many years and last attended Ridgeview Christian Church in Spokane.
A private family service will be held.
- Months after school shooting, Freeman students walk out
- Spokane Valley students push to reform gun laws, met with opposition
- K9 that captured Jonathan Renfro put down after cancer battle
- Spokane Valley Firefighters extinguish house fire
- Coeur d'Alene student arrested for social media threat
- Coast Guard ship returns to Pacific Northwest after drug fighting mission