Gary "Blackie" Ralph Dugger (77) died at Kootenai Health in Coeur d' Alene, ID on November 26, 2019.
He was born to Ralph and Lorraine (Cardwell) Dugger in St. Maries, ID on April 20, 1942. Blackie grew up in the Emida area and attended school through the 8th Grade. He left school to work in the woods as a Logger, and over the years he operated several different machines. Blackie met and married Deanna Hemminger and the couple had 2 children. The marriage later ended in divorce. Blackie ended up retiring from the woods after a lifetime in the timber industry. He enjoyed the outdoors especially fishing.
Blackie is survived by his son Tom Dugger of Spokane, WA and sister Janice Weinmann of St. Maries, ID. He is preceded in death by his parents, his brother Darrell Dugger, and son Russ Dugger. At Blackie's request there will be no services.
- School delays for Thursday, Dec. 12
- Snow hits mountain passes as students head home for the holidays
- Meet the woman who takes all those nasty calls at the county when roads get bad
- 'There is still a long way to go': Providence fails to reach agreement with Sacred Heart nurses
- Power restored to Avista customers in the Garland neighborhood
- Whitworth sees increase in diversity since making SAT, ACT test scores optional