Frank passed away peacefully at his home on February 24, 2018. He was born in Sandyville, WV to Carl and Mabel Sayre on September 14, 1932.
When Frank was born, times were hard. He grew up in West Virginia and was one of 9 children. Frank enjoyed catfishing on the river and collecting cans when he was a youngster. Once he graduated from high school he joined the United States Air Force, and proudly served his country for 20 years. He served in the Korean and Vietnam wars during his service. While Frank was stationed in Germany, he met his wife and love of his life Erna in a beer hall. Frank and Erna moved frequently with their 2 children, Stephen and Bonnie, spending time in Texas, Delaware and Las Vegas. Frank retired in 1971 and chose to stay in Spokane. Sadly, Frank and Erna’s children both preceded them in death.
Frank is survived by his grandchildren Brian and Kristal Halverson, great-grandchildren Melody Sayre, Hayley Halverson and Emily Halverson and great-great-granddaughter Clarity Sayre.
A Graveside Service will be held on Friday, March 9, 2018 at 10:30AM at Greenwood Memorial Terrace. Following the service there will be a gathering at Frank’s house.
- 18 pounds of meth recovered from impounded car near Wenatchee
- March For Our Rights in Sandpoint counter-rally to March For Our Lives
- Small caliber casings found in locker room at Shadle Park High School
- Northwest Pet Expo gives local rescue groups chance to match animals in forever homes
- Air 4 Adventure: Spring skiing at Silver Mountain
- WSU sues over Cosmic Crisp