Passed away March 10, 2018. She was born October 18, 1931 to Alexander and Mary Jack in her home on the Peone Prairie.
She attended Mead High School and later attended Kinman Business School before meeting her husband Eugene Johnson. They married on June 19, 1953 in Spokane and she began her career as a homemaker. She enjoyed traveling, knitting, crocheting and quilting. Evelyn was an active member of Pilgrim Lutheran Church.
She is survived by her children Arne Johnson (Melissa), Floyd Johnson, John Johnson (Janine) and Bruce Johnson (Cheryl); 10 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband and 7 brothers and sisters.
Visitation will be at Heritage on Wednesday, 10-5pm and a Funeral Service 3pm Thursday, March 15, 2018 at Pilgrim Lutheran Church, 2733 W. Northwest Blvd. A graveside service will be held at 10:30am Friday at Fairmount Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers donations can be made to Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) or the Stroke Foundation.
- Student strangers become friends planning March For Our Lives Spokane
- Suspect on the loose after hours-long standoff
- Jersey Mikes donates all sales to Providence Health Care Foundation
- Body found at Winchester State Park
- Interior Secretary and Spokane Tribe discuss opioid crisis, Grand Coulee Dam compensation
- Wake Up Call to offer puppaccinos on National Puppy Day