Ellen Fairbanks Deitrick passed away of natural causes, February 16, 2018 at the age of 93. Born August 28, 1924 in Salt Lake City, Utah, she was the 5th of 7 children, to Sterling Tanner Fairbanks and Ellen H. Davies. She was the last of her family too pass on and lived the longest.
She spent her youth mostly in Salt Lake City, though the family lived briefly in Canada and Ontario, Oregon, graduating from Ontario High School in 1942. She married Rex Wallace Deitrick of Clarksfork, ID August 27, 1942. Rex went to Europe an served in a Tank Destroyer Battalion, including during the Battle of the Bulge.
The family lived for over forty years in Spokane, near North Town, off Division. Rex worked for Kaiser Aluminum for 30 years and Ellen coordinated the Bishop's Storehouse for Spokane and Lewiston, ID for 20 years. She later worked as an Admin Assistant at Interlake School at Medical Lake.
Ellen had four children: Rex Cliff, Ellen Paula, Lynn Sterling, and Linda Adelia. Preceded in death by husband Rex and son Cliff, she left 3 living children, 11 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren.
- Donors needed for additional projects at Riverfront Park
- Bee causes rollover accident on Idaho Highway 7
- Coeur d'Alene High School principal commits suicide
- Moscow beer yoga classes offer new fitness experience
- Regents to meet in Seattle on Thursday
- Post Falls Police search for men suspected of theft