Ben passed away on October 19, 2019, at the age of 46.
Ben was born December 31, 1972, to William L. and Calvarena A. (Dickinson) DeWitt in Aberdeen, WA. He moved around multiple times until 1980 when the family settled in Spokane.
He graduated from Ferris High School in 1991, and attended Gonzaga University while being in the ROTC program, where he finally graduated from in 2015, after being one credit short from graduating in 2005. Ben worked in many professions, including restaurant management, window glazing, car sales, and finally finding his niche in the insurance industry, first with Aetna, and then with Liberty Mutual where he was currently employed. He also volunteered his time with Airway Heights Fire Dept. where he had his own crew who served under him.
Ben was also a huge Gonzaga Basketball fan, doing his best to never miss a game. Ben’s greatest joy was his wife and family. Ben is survived by his wife Kimberly of 25 years; his daughters Taylor (Ryan) and Morgan; and his mother Calvarena of Arkansas. He was preceded in death by his father William.
Ben’s memorial service will be held at Liferoads Church, 3007 E Marshall, Spokane, WA on Saturday, November 2, 2019, at 11:00 am. In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Wounded Warrior Project in Ben’s name.
- WSU Interfraternity Council suspends social events for the semester following student death
- Veteran homelessness numbers declining in Spokane
- Information night to teach families about fostering young refugees
- Sheriff's Office investigating death at Spokane Valley hotel
- Priest River man accused of raping, impregnating 14-year-old now at large
- Police tase man armed with knives in northwest Spokane