No one seriously injured in apartment fire
SPOKANE, Wash. — A stovetop fire quickly spread Sunday and damaged a Spokane apartment unit.
It happened just after 5 p.m. on the 1900 block of North Holy Names Ct, according to Public Safety Communications Manager Michele Anderson.
The fire started while someone was cooking in a unit that is part of a three-story high apartment complex. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and prevented anyone from being seriously injured.
Anderson said one person was inside when the fire sparked and tried to fight the fire with an extinguisher. Firefighters and American Medical Response crews examined that person for smoke inhalation.
The American Red Cross responded to help two adults and three children, according to Anderson.
Catch up on the day’s news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.